let's work together!
Hey, hey! I'm Amber D., Owner of AmKay Photography! Thanks for considering me as your associate/second shooter. Here are some quick facts you probably want to know:
- I'm local to Richmond, VA but travel often throughout the DMV for both weddings and events.
- My standard rate is $100 p/hour for Associate Shooting, and $50 p/hour for Second Shooting. If you're within a total of 30 miles roundtrip from "23230" in Richmond, travel is complimentary. Anything after that is the standard $0.55 p/mile (due at least 2 days before travel so I can gas up and be ready to hit the road!)
- I shoot with lots of Sony gear, so check out my gear list below and let me know what you'd like me to bring along with me.
- I'm easy going & I love to have FUN!!! :) My favorite days are mixed with professionalism yet lots of smiles and authentic giggles. Keeping it light makes the day go smoother.
(*P.S. This page is not available in the main menu, so you'll have to click back on the link I sent you to get here.)
more about Amber
I believe that choosing your SS is about finding the right photographer to help tell your client's love story. That’s why I care so deeply about my craft. When I work with you, I'm not only delivering photos; I'm assisting you in capturing special moments in time that they'll want to share with their grandkids one day. Whether it's fluffing dresses or finding Uncle Bob who wandered off right before the family portraits (*HAPPENS EVERY FREAKING TIME! LOL), my ultimate goal is to help you & make the wedding day as successful as possible.
My Gear List
- Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony A7ii Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Fixed Sony 55mm F1.8 Sonnar T FE ZA Full Frame Prime Lens
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Camera Lens
- Two softboxes and 24" reflectors.
- Godox V860II-S High-Speed Sync GN60 1/8000 Camera Flash Speedlight.
- And, a personality that gets even the rowdy groomsmen back on track! :)
You can view more information about me on my official website, but below is a great snapshot of my work! I love doing detail shots, so you'll definitely find some included in the gallery below as well. If there are other types of shots you're interested in that aren't shown here, let me know. I've really taken time to build my craft with weddings especially, so I hope you enjoy my photos.
I look forward to working with you soon!
THE NITTY GRITTY
I’m very comfortable shooting groomsmen, detail shots, cocktail hour, and whatever else you need me to do independently. I typically spend about 7-9 hours at a wedding, but I'm willing to be there shorter or longer! I live in Richmond, Virginia; anything outside of a 30-mile roundtrip radius from zip "23230" is a travel fee of $0.55 p/mile, but that can be negotiated depending on the hourly pay rate. (High traffic areas, especially ones with tolls, are subject to a $0.75 p/mile travel fee.) My standard typical rate is $50 per hour at minimum. Payment for any travel expenses is due 2 days before travel and can be paid via Zelle, Stripe, Venmo or PayPal, and payment for coverage is due before I leave the event (*please no checks if possible)! Weddings that are 8+ hours require at least a 25-minute break and a vendor meal included.
In general, I do ask that images taken by me be free to use for my business in digital & print form after the event (*I won't post or do anything until either sneak peeks or final images from the event have been released to your client.) Also, I sometimes shoot for companies with different editing styles than me, so I ask for discretion to edit any images being used in my portfolio to match my branding. Any images displayed on my social media will 100% have the distinction that they were shot while second shooting for you. Best believe, I always like to tag my people! :) Oh, and last thing! If you don't have a Second Shooter Agreement for me to sign, no worries. I have one already prepped that will state all of the above plus any additional wedding day details for your couple(s). That way, we're always on one accord! :)
*To check out more of my work, feel free to visit my official website: https://www.amkayphotography.com/.